The Cupping Massage e-course is based on a Western massage theory, where the skeletal muscles affected during a massage session, the massage techniques used, the directions of massage movements, and other important principles are explained in the e-course with logical arguments. For example, it will be explained why certain massage movements with silicone cups are performed in one direction and why certain massage movements are not performed in the other direction, or why some massage movements with cups are performed up and down on the back, why some are performed crosswise, etc.
Requirements for starting an e-course
The Cupping Massage e-course is open to anyone interested in acquiring knowledge and skills in cupping massage. There are no prerequisites for participation in the e-course, as the cupping massage is relatively easy to learn and independently practice. It could even be argued that it is one of the simplest types of massage.
Volume and length of the e-course; structure
The volume of the Cupping Massage e-course is 15 academic hours, of which 15 are independent learning. One academic hour is equal to 45 minutes.
The Cupping Massage e-course can be completed for two years after registration.
The structure of the Cupping Massage e-course can be found here.
Learning outcomes and documents to be issued after the e-course
The Cupping Massage e-course assesses the achievement of learning outcomes. To achieve these learning outcomes, you must pass multiple-choice tests, various written tasks (answering short questions, etc.), a final test, and a written examination.A certificate will be issued if the all learning outcomes are achieved. If all learning outcomes are not accomplished, a notice is issued. The notice is given on the condition that at least 70% of the e-course has been completed.
Delivery of the certificate and the notion are free of charge within Estonia; delivery abroad is by arrangement.
Topics of the e-course
The Cupping Massage e-course covers the following topics:
- Cupping Massage in the perspective of Western massage theory;
- the oils used in the Cupping Massage and their correct dosage;
- comparison of different cups - pros and cons;
- maintenance of massage equipment (cups);
- main indications and contraindications for (cupping) massage;
- principles of the design of a Cupping Massage session;
- massage techniques used in the Cupping Massage;
- the body regions and systems affected;
- duration of the Cupping Massage session;
- the optimal number of Cupping Massage sessions per calendar month, per quarter, etc.;
- correct preparation of the massage table and workstation for the Cupping Massage;
- correct application of the silicone cups using different techniques;
- massage techniques with silicone cups in different regions of the body.
What other e-courses could I take in addition to the Cupping Massage e-course?
Following the Cupping massage e-course, it is also a good idea to participate in the Kinesio Taping e-course, as the system of skeletal muscle affect is similar to a certain extent in both areas (the degree of intensity differs). Participating in the Functional Anatomy e-course is also worth considering, as this e-course will provide the necessary knowledge to better understand the skeletal muscle system. It would also be worthwhile to take an e-course in Human Anatomy and Physiology, as knowing how the body works makes it easier to advise the client and identify the possible source of the problem. Once you have a solid base, after that, it is sensible to participate in the Situational Massage e-course.
Where can I enroll in the Cupping Massage e-course?
You can find the Cupping Massage e-course here.